It usually takes me a really long time to film moves to then post across any social media channels.
I always go through what I’m going to film a few times on each side, and then start to film. I always film one or two attempts, watch it back and then go again.
I find that there are so many things I need to consider and things that can go awry when filming including:
- Showing the wrong angle
- Having the right angle for one move, but the wrong angle for the next
- Slippery pole or hands
- Ending up too low or too high
- Forgetting what you’re doing
- Feeling like you have no energy
- Not holding moves for long enough
- Facial expressions
- Doggy likes to come and snuffle
- You realise the combo needs something else
- You need an ending for the combo
- Part of it is stronger on one side, but weaker as the combo continues
- Whether to do it on static or spin
Filming takes me a long time to get my moves right. I wanted to put this out there as I know there are so many cool moves, pics and vids that always go around and for me, anything I post always takes a lot longer than it looks.
Of course there are cool combos that you don’t need to think too much about, or you nail it the first time – those are the ones that make me very happy! 😀
Check out the final version of that combo here 😀